Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I've Got the Blues...

Not really.

But Luke and I did hit up the Avila Blues Festival this past Saturday.

Luke's dad and stepmom, Bryan and Kathy, had bought a table at the festival and generously invited us to go along.  We got a special inside-the-fence-tables-only wristband and everything.

The weather was perfect.  We drank beer and margaritas.  Ate popsicles. Enjoyed the sun, visiting with Luke's family, and people watching.



But most of all we enjoyed the MUSIC.

Everyone who played was just a fantastic musician- I was simply blown away.

Opening: Taj Mahal.  Click HERE for a clip. Love his gravely voice and mad guitar skills.

Next: Tower of Power.  Click HERE for a clip.  This guy's voice is insane.  The brass is insane. The band is insane.  I thought of my brother, Marcus, the whole time. Definitely my favorite.

Last: The Doobie Brothers.  Click HERE for a clip.  Classic, awesome, and so fun to listen to.


All in all, a pretty perfect day. Thanks Bryan and Kathy!






No comments:

Post a Comment